Thank you for bringing hope to Orange County families in need this holiday season – and beyond – by sponsoring a tree for our event. We want to make your experience a fun-filled adventure with your team of decorators and help your holiday season begin in a grand way. All trees are sold during an exciting live auction at the Reception and Tree Auction on Dec. 1, 2017 and benefit South County Outreach programs to prevent homelessness and hunger. Trees are delivered to the winning bidders the day after the auction.
What is provided to tree sponsors:
- One tree to decorate; trees are artificial and are 6-9 feet tall, depending on sponsorship level
- Trees include pre-installed lighting that can be switched to white or multicolored
- Tree stand included
- Sponsor gets signage at the event, logo in program, ad in program and recognition at the event
What tree sponsors provide:
- Tree decorations (average cost is approx. $500)
- Glue gun and floral wire will be needed to secure decorations to the tree
- Sponsor determines tree theme
- Any display items beneath the tree such as tree skirt, decorative sleighs, reindeer, snowmen, Santas, wrapped boxes, etc. These are gifts that go with the tree to the winning bidder and help add value and excitement during the live auction.
- Any add-ons to provide additional value to the display such as jewelry, travel accommodations, restaurant gift cards, gift baskets, wine – any items that work with your tree theme
Please note: If you would like to sponsor a tree and provide the decorative items, our decorating team can trim your tree.
DECORATIONS AND DISPLAY
The theme – as a tree sponsor, you get to select a decorating theme. Themes have included: “Frozen”, Christmas Under the Sea, White Christmas, Golden Harmony, The Grinch Stole Christmas and Snowman’s Christmas. Please let us know your theme as soon as possible to avoid duplication. Keep the following in mind when choosing a theme:
- What will show/sell the best?
- Would you want it in your home or office for the holidays?
- What will appeal to a wide audience?
- Can the theme be carried throughout the tree from top to bottom?
- Need inspiration? A simple Google image search for Festival of Trees will show how creative tree sponsors have been for similar events. There are many great ideas on Pinterest as well.
- Click here to view photo gallery from Festival of Trees.
Decoration details – this is what you will need to know to be prepared on decorating day:
- The trees are artificial so they may be used for years to come by the winning bidder.
- Trees are supplied to sponsors and are 6-9 feet tall, include pre-installed lighting (can be switched to white or multicolored) and a stand.
- All ornaments that have a top such as the one pictured above must have the top hot-glued onto the ornament itself to ensure they don’t come off when being delivered.
- All decorations must be wired or tied on with ribbon.
- Please don’t make the tree too heavy. Keep this in mind when selecting your decorations. The trees are moved several times and the decorations must be secure.
- Beyond the tree – sponsors are encouraged to create displays that include the following to increase the value of your offering and make it exciting for Festival guests:
- A special display under the tree to complement the theme such as jewelry, travel accommodations, restaurant gift cards, gift baskets, wine, decorative Santas, sleighs, etc.
- Gift certificates (to be added on Dec. 8)
- The trees are on display for two weeks in one of the three atriums in Park Place in Irvine (Nov. 20 -Dec. 1). Most under-tree display items will be added Dec. 1 by the South County Outreach team.
- Once you know what items you are adding to your display beyond the tree and its decorations, please let us know so we can include them on the signage that will be placed with your tree and so we can prepare the auctioneer.
DECORATING DAYS – NOV. 18 and 19
Decorating days are fun and a great-team building opportunity. Sponsors and their teams can begin decorating their trees at 7 a.m. on the decorating days. If you need the South County Outreach decorating team to trim your sponsored tree with your provided decorative items, please call 949-380-8144.
- Your decorating team can work on your tree and display until 3 p.m.
- Prior to the Reception and Auction on Dec. 8 the South County Outreach team will put the final elements of your display with the trees so please make sure that they are provided no later than 3 p.m.
TREE SPONSOR TASKS
- Please send a high-resolution version of your company or organization logo so we can use it in marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a tree sponsor, you will receive an advertisement in the event program. The Generous Giver level ad is a full page (5.25” w x 8.25” h) and The Giver Tree level ad is a half page (5.25” w x 4.125” h). Please send high-resolution ad designs by Nov. 15.
- Utilizing your social media network to bring awareness to the Festival of Trees will help bring in more attendees to the Reception and Auction and increase the number of bidders to help fund South County Outreach programs. Please join us in these efforts!! Use the hashtag #FestivalofTrees. Follow South County Outreach on social media: Facebook.com/outreachoc; Twitter @outreachoc and Instagram @outreachoc.
- Tree sponsors also receive reservations to the reception: The Generous Giver level receives ten reservations and The Giver level receives five reservations. Please send the names of your guests to email@example.com so they will be included on the attendee list.
- If you, your business or organization would like to participate in the Fairmont’s Trees of Hope holiday toy drive benefiting South County Outreach, please bring toy donations to the Fairmont where special collection boxes will be on display through Dec. 10.
- Please encourage your colleagues and friends to visit the trees on display in the Fairmont lobby Nov. 19 to Dec. 7 – it is a great way to kick off the holiday season. Consider a ladies’ tea, cookies and hot chocolate, a Champagne tasting or lunch or dinner at the Fairmont to make a tree-viewing excursion even more fun.
- We hope you will be at the Gold and Silver reception to cheer on your tree during the exciting live auction – you and your guests will have a great time while enjoying Champagne and a wonderful selection of hors d’ oeuvres and desserts along with holiday entertainment.
Thank you for your support of Festival of Trees!