Every day, more than 400,000 people struggling with hunger in Orange County have to make difficult decisions between buying food and paying their utility bills or rent. Often, the people who are making these tough decisions are suffering in silence and many who can’t make ends meet end up homeless or go hungry. When you help South County Outreach, you are helping our neighbors take care of their basic needs.
How your faith organization can help
- Make a donation to fund fresh food, contribute to our housing programs or assist with homeless-prevention
- Host and organize a food drive
- Schedule a team of volunteers to help at South County Outreach once a month
- Collect items for housewarming gifts of cleaning items for new tenants moving into our housing units
- Encourage those in your faith community to contribute through our Virtual Food Drive
- Attend or sponsor our Empty Bowls hunger-awareness event or our Festival of Trees fundraising event
- Place announcements about volunteer opportunities, events or other South County Outreach news in your weekly bulletins or newsletters
- Contribute to our seasonal events such as back-to-school backpack drive or our holiday Adopt-A-Family program
- Sign up to receive our newsletters and email updates
Every donation that we receive at South County Outreach makes a difference to local people – your faith community can make a direct and positive impact to help our neighbors in need.
For more information, please contact Operations Director Renee Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-380-8144, ext. 220.