- Collect toiletries such as toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, baby wipes, deodorant and toothpaste for local people in need.
- Contribute a cash donation to fund fresh food. Augment the nonperishable food in the pantry with health vegetables, fruit, meat, milk and other dairy products
- Host a children’s book drive. Our youngest clients read books while their parents complete our paperwork and they get to take the books home.
- On Valentine’s Day, open your heart to those less fortunate and make a donation in honor of someone you love.
- Assemble spring baskets with toys, games, small stuffed animals and treats for children.
- When doing your spring cleaning, look for clothing and household items to donate to our Upscale Resale thrift store.
- Collect Mother’s Day gift baskets filled with lotion, picture frames, candles, scented bath soaps and other goodies for our young clients to give to their mothers.
- Attend our Empty Bowls fundraiser on April 23. Buy a table for your business or group or just bring your friends.
- Gather Father’s Day gift bags filled with wallets, body wash, razors, picture frames and other cool things for our youngest clients to give to their Fathers.
- Secure an opportunity for a South County Outreach representative to speak at your service group, school, business or other organization to help us grow awareness.
- Organize a summer food drive – this time of year the pantry shelves can get pretty bare – and focus on most-needed foods such as peanut butter, pasta, pasta sauce, bagged beans, bagged rice, canned meats and tuna.
- Make a commitment to volunteer with South County Outreach. There are opportunities for groups, individuals and corporate team-building.
- Donate back-to-school backpacks filled with school supplies for children living in low-income households. We distribute thousands of backpacks each year.
- Hold a Christmas in July fundraiser to benefit South County Outreach programs to prevent hunger and homelessness.
- Host a clothing drive, collecting donations of back-to-school clothes and business attire for our clients who are working hard to get jobs or to get better-paying jobs.
- Support our rental and utility assistance programs with donations to keep local people in need in safe housing, rather than ending up on the streets.
- Have a baby shower drive and collect baby items such as diapers, clothes, toys and formula.
- Invite South County Outreach to have a booth at your fall festival or employee fair to spread the word about our organization.
- Hold a Trick-or-Treat so Kids Can Eat food drive, collecting nonperishable items for our pantry as well as donations to fund fresh food purchases.
- Get a start on the holiday season by hosting a toy drive. Each year hundreds of children receive gifts through our holiday toy donations.
- Have your business or group sponsor and decorate a tree for our Festival of Trees fundraiser – it’s fun, creative and a great team-building opportunity.
- Donate turkeys or grocery store gift cards so people in need can have a happy Thanksgiving.
- Participate in our Adopt-A-Family program and sponsor a local family for the holidays, providing them with gifts for the children and the makings for a holiday meal.
- Attend our Festival of Trees event – you’ll want to see all the elaborately decorated trees and have the chance to bid on one.
South County Outreach, 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618, 949-380-8144, www.sco-oc.org