Client: Adopt-a-Family and Support-a-Senior Programs
The Adopt-A-Family and Support-A-Senior Holiday giving program provides food and gifts for South County Outreach clients during the holidays.
South County Outreach pairs sponsors with families or seniors in need between November 1 and November 30.
Then, families and their sponsors meet, delivering the food and gifts and fulfilling holiday wishes.
- Complete and submit an in-person application at our 7 Whatney offices. You must have up-to-date documents (see below).
- IMPORTANT: Matching sponsors with families will begin on November 1 through November 30.
- Eligible clients for the Adopt-A-Family Holiday Giving program are current clients with complete files and children under the age of 18 in the home.
- Eligible clients for the Support-A-Senior Holiday Giving program are those with complete files, are current clients, and are over the age of 60.
- The following documentation is REQUIRED to be considered “Complete:”
- Current ID -Photo ID’s for all adults living in the household and birth certificates (preferred), school ID’s medical cards or social security cards for all children under 18 years of age.
- Verification of income for all adults in the household.
- Verification of current address for all adults in the household.
Every year, we have more families needing adoption than sponsors able to adopt. If for some reason your family is unable to be matched or you miss the deadline, don’t worry! Unmatched families will be able to attend our one-day-only TOY STORE event.
On December 15, we invite parents of UNMATCHED families to come to our one-day-only TOY STORE, where they can choose gifts for their children to open Christmas morning. Your family is still required to complete an IN-PERSON application for this.
IMPORTANT: There will be NO TOYS available after the December 15 Toy Store event so make sure to SAVE THE DATE!