How We Help:
South County Outreach is dedicated to providing hunger and homeless prevention services to low-income individuals and families in crisis in South Orange County. We offer the following services: transitional housing, rapid rehousing, food pantry, utility and rental assistance, homeless prevention counseling, computer training and clothing.
South County Outreach operates a Homeless Prevention Program, supplying groceries from our food pantry as well as rent and utility assistance for families facing eviction and utility shut-off . We provide one-on-one case management, resources and referrals for clients.
If you are visiting our offices for the first time, please bring the following documents:
- Picture identification for adults in the household (picture identification must not be expired)
- Identification for children in the household (birth certificate, Social Security card or school records)
- Verification of address (utility or phone bill with name, address and date on the document)
- Verification of household income (pay stubs, food stamps benefits award letter, unemployment or Social Security)
Visit our offices at 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618 (949) 380-8144. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Pantry hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Tuesday 12:30-3:30 p.m.
To receive Food Pantry services, clients must provide the following documentation:
- Photo ID for all of the adults in the home (e.g. driver’s license, passport, ID card).
- Identification for all other household members (e.g. identification card, school ID, birth certificate, Social Security card, passport, etc.).
- Proof of address (utility bill, phone bill, etc., with name, address and a date on the document.)
- Verification of all household income, if applicable (e.g. cash aid, food stamps, child support, pay stub, EDD check stub, Social Security award letter, etc.).
- Clients can visit the Food Pantry once a month.
For more information about Food Pantry services, please call (949) 380-8144, ext. 220.
Are you looking to improve your computer skills to get a better job? The Computer Learning Lab helps those who are underemployed and unemployed improve their computer skills to increase employment opportunities. Classes are offered Monday– Friday in beginning, intermediate and advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Please call (949) 380-81444, ext. 212 to register today.
Do you need clothing and other necessities for your family? South County Outreach provides Clothing Vouchers for families to shop at our Upscale Resale thrift store. For vouchers, visit our Program Offices at 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618, Monday –Friday 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. or shop at Upscale Resale Thrift Store in Laguna Hills.
Do you have dependent children and have an impending eviction or have lost your home?
Our Transitional Housing Program offers temporary housing with professional case management services to help families work to become self-sufficient and secure permanent housing.
Our Rapid Rehousing Program provides financial assistance and services to house individuals and families and help those who are experiencing homelessness to be quickly rehoused and stabilized.
Applications can be picked up at the office or downloaded.
Click here to download a transitional housing application.
Click here to download a rapid rehousing application.
In order to be eligible for the housing programs, you must be a homeless family with no permanent housing and have:
- Dependent children age 17 or under
- Be employable
- Social Security cards for each family member
For more information about our Transitional Housing and Rapid Rehousing programs, please call (949) 380-8144 ext. 215. Please note that this is not an emergency shelter.