Computer Lab Volunteer Teachers and Administrative Help Needed
Instructors – Someone who loves working with others. You enjoy teaching and helping others learn new skills. Most of our students have little to no experience in computer work. Some do not know what a mouse is or how it works – this is teaching at its most basic level. As courses progress, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are explored by students with the help of their capable, friendly, patient and knowledgeable instructor.
Computer Lab Administrators: Volunteers are needed to assist students with scheduling their classes based on class openings and make confirmation/reminder calls to enrolled students. Attention to detail is important to be sure we have contact numbers and information for all enrolled students.
Where: 7 Whatney, Irvine, CA 92618
When: Year-round, Monday-Friday. (Shifts: Hours vary according to class schedule and class length.)
Commitment: A minimum of one shift weekly, year-round.
Computer Lab Administration and Instructors Responsibilities:
You will be trained as to the exact nature of your job responsibilities by our Computer Lab Administrator
prior to beginning any work at the computer lab.
- Follow procedures and approved training methods
- Volunteers s should be friendly and courteous in handling all in-coming and out-going phone calls to students and those making inquiries
- Be patient and compassionate in your teaching style. Listen carefully and assist students.
- Report technical problems and safety issues as necessary.
- Keep accurate records of enrolled clients/students. Maintain files as needed.
- Give ample notice of a planned absence. Arrange for a substitute to work your normal shift. If unable to find a substitute, notify supervisor of absence.
To volunteer today:
Call 949-380-8144, ext. 212 or
Click here for our volunteer interest form.
Download a Computer Lab Volunteer flyer to share with friends and colleagues.